Halloween candy

Saturday, July 17, 2010

V: The Complete First Season [Blu-ray] This instant


V is one of the best new shows on television - the best in my opinion. It pays homage to the original 1980 miniseries, but it uses modern themes to appeal to today's audience. The characters (well, some of them) are very likable, especially the V's cold (and yet ooh so hot) leader Anna, played by Morena Baccarin, and the resistance group with a mix of FBI Agent Erica, played by the ever-watchable Elizabeth Mitchell, a Priest, a V-turned-human, and a Machiavellian take-no-prisoners mercenary. A lot of people watch for the sci-fi premise, which seems very well done (although I don't have too much experience). The main reasons I watch are actually the characters and the suspense. We know that the V's are here to exploit us, and they're being nice to us so we know they need us for something... but we don't know what yet.

Like every other show out there, V does have some inconsistencies in the plot, and you have to suspend disbelief a little more than you'd like. But overall, it's an awesome entertaining show that hooked me from the start. I hope ABC has the foresight to renew it for a second season, but either way, I can't wait to get my DVDs!Get more detail about V: The Complete First Season [Blu-ray].

No comments:

Post a Comment