Halloween candy

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World [Blu-ray] This instant


If I were reviewing the standard definition DVD, I would have unhesitatingly given it 5 stars. This is one of my all-time favorite films, based on some of the best books I have ever read. Unfortunately, the bluray is very grainy and not particularly sharp. Frankly, it doesn't look much better than the DVD, which I purchased when it came out a few years ago. Pity, because you couldn't ask for a film that better captures the essence of the Aubrey-Maturin books. I see there are more than 600 reviews of this film, the overwhelmingly majority of which are very positive, so I don't think I can add anything new.Get more detail about Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World [Blu-ray].

No comments:

Post a Comment