Halloween candy

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Shop For The Dark Knight (+ BD Live) [Blu-ray]


The Dark Knight is, quite simply, the greatest example of a comic-book inspired film, and one of the finest pieces of cinema ever. I've watched this movie in the theater, I've watched it on DVD, and I've watched it on blu-ray. Having said that, I can safely say that the blu-ray version best represents this movie, though the IMAX sequences are the only real selling points for the blu-ray format. See, the letterbox sequences are good, don't get me wrong, but there's noticeable grain all over the place. The IMAX sequences, on the other hand, are crystal clear and, obviously, in the 1.78:1 (16:9) ratio typical for HDTVs. You'll also be getting some special features, such as the Focus Points on the main disc. The Focus Points are actually very interesting, and thoroughly explain how several scenes were created. All of these are formatted in a 16:9 ratio. The second disc has some interesting documentaries, in 16:9 high-def no less, and art galleries. As I recall, I saw these documentaries on the History Channel shortly before or after TDK was released in North American theaters. If you saw them then, you'll still want to check them out.Get more detail about The Dark Knight (+ BD Live) [Blu-ray].

No comments:

Post a Comment