Halloween candy

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nokia E72 Unlocked Phone with GPS and Free Voice Navigation -- U.S. Version with Full Warranty (Zodium Black) Immediately


The E72 is one of the best phones ever created.... I am a proud owner of tons of phones and tons more over the last 10 years. The Nokia E72 is a beast.... and I save that category for the rarest of gadgets. Let me explain why (briefly).
Right now I have an Iphone 2g, Ipaq 910, Bold 9700, and the E72. All of my phones serve a purpose in my ever changing lifestyle.
The Iphone is probably the best pda device ever made- emails, sms, mms (now), apps, shortcuts, games, and ease of use. But its still lacking, to me, in various areas- lagging, running multiple apps, camera quality, and battery. Most importantly, I hate going in and out of apps- when closed its closed.
The Ipaq 910- is probably one of the worst devices ever purchased; yet when running, its the king of pocketpc's. It was tethering at speeds of 10.2 almost 3 years ago. Now everyone is trying to include 3.5g speeds. Sadly, the battery life sucks and it crashes more than a toddler on training wheels. I still have it and refuse to part ways.
The BB 9700 is hands down bb's best effort to me; I would say its the best mobile device on the market. I even added the droid interface and the droid ringtone to spice it up. The track ball is gone and the track pad is even more addictive. It now has a 624 processor and all the bells and whistles, needless to say the best email system going. However, I just get bored with it. I cant figure it out.
Now E72 is my second Nokia... I bought the N97 in June but the price wasnt worth keeping. Nonetheless, it was a quality device. I read about the E72 recently and fell in love with the specs.

Pros-
Battery life- is unbelievable! None of the aforementioned phones can last a day without dragging out a car charger or a wall charger. The E72 can last 2 days with running: emails, taking pics, creating videos, tons of sms, apps, and tons of phone calls.
Camera- is great. I love the quality of the 5mp pictures. The quality changes at night I might add. I almost forgot the front facing camera too.
Phone quality- unbelievable calls...with headphones, bluetooth, or device calls.
sms- sure its not threaded sms but there are programs that can change the UI if needed.
Operating system- yes its outdated but its solid as a rock...I will take that all day long. Whats worst than having no phone? A phone that crashes... the symbian 60 is like a old BMW, period.
Track pad/clicker- track pad is not as good as the bb but combined with the usual Nokia E series clicker pad make a great combination.
Web Browser- excellent.. The best in its class.
Video Calling- recently Fring added skype video calling... I was blown away.
Audio messenging- every now and then when I am in a hurry I like to record audio messages oppose to sms...great addition.
Contacts, calendar interface- its smooth...if you can marry with google sync...its even better.
tethering- no need to purchase a program, it does it for you. You can even add a 3rd party program to make it a hotspot....
3.5g- its the fastest phone its class... and if you can buy it unlock, you can take advantage of the various network speeds. No need to buy wifi while traveling.
3.5mm headjack outlet- I ran my jbl desktop speakers and last.fm... unbelievable.
Nokia Office is a great program with Office and Pdf capability...
GPS with OVI maps is superb... now that its free, its a must have with any Nokia.
OTA upgrades,no more using the usb port to upgrade....


Cons-
*Email interface is cumbersome... but now that there is Nokia Email, its a lot better. However, I added Seven push email and its comparable to having BB push service.
*Email Links from Browser- I hate that I cant email a friend a good article from a website... maybe I am missing it some how.
*Nothing is in alphabetical order...when changing apps... Most are all over the place.
*LED flash is on the keypad not the top...I kinda miss the blackberry flashing light.
*On screen function icons too small-like sending a text or email, alarm, and bluetooth... are too small and if you need to know if a email is sent, you have to pay close attention to the sent icon or check the outbox...
*Must use signed aps if not, you can forget it unless you spend hours trying to get it signed...
*Usb jack and phone charger jack different....

Overall I still say this is the best gadget phone out...its a thinking mans phone because a lot of the capabilities are hidden and require work. However, once you have mastered it, you have a mp3 player, an entry level 5mp hotshot, great phone, pda, pocketpc, video camera, great gps, social networker (Nokia Facebook and Twitter Gravity, video caller, and a hotspot.
I highly recommend the Unlocked version oppose to ATT bloatware crasher versions....Get more detail about Nokia E72 Unlocked Phone with GPS and Free Voice Navigation -- U.S. Version with Full Warranty (Zodium Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment