Halloween candy

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nokia E72 Unlocked Phone with GPS and Free Voice Navigation -- U.S. Version with Full Warranty (Zodium Black) This instant


I really want to like this phone but it is an utter disappointment (my previous was the E71). The only good thing about the E72 is the 5MP camera that takes decent pictures. But unfortunately the "flash" focus light (can't be disabled) tends to ruin close up pictures. I miss the manual focus on the E71.

The new 3.5mm audio port is a double edge sword. Finally, you can use regular earphones to listen to music on your E72. But unfortunately Nokia likes to ruin the fun by using proprietary wiring for the 3.5mm port. So 99.9% of the 3.5mm earphone w/ mic on the market (apple, skull candy, maximo, jbuds, v-moda) won't work with the E72. Because of the proprietary wiring, the sound output from these regular 3.5mm earphones with mic sounds like rubbish.

Another nuisance I encountered is the badly designed recessed buttons(OK, CANCEL & DIAL, HANGUP). I tend to use these buttons a lot more than the short cut buttons (HOME, CALENDAR, ADDRESS BOOK, MESSAGE) and can't help constantly pressing the wrong buttons when I want to send messages, ok or cancel out of something. The short space bar is also pretty annoying. But, I do like the regular symbols being available on the keyboard rather than having to select them from a menu on the E71. Overall, I would prefer the E71 buttons layout.

I'm also disappointed with FP2. I keep running into out of memory errors even though I have no applications running. This is probably due to bad programming and memory leaks. But I do have to give credit to Nokia for making the contacts, calendar and message transfer between my E71 and E72 seamless.

All I can say is, come on Nokia you have been in the business longer than anyone else, stop messing around and get your act together. Everyone else is gaining market share and you are losing it all.Get more detail about Nokia E72 Unlocked Phone with GPS and Free Voice Navigation -- U.S. Version with Full Warranty (Zodium Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment