Halloween candy

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nokia E72 Unlocked Phone with GPS and Free Voice Navigation -- U.S. Version with Full Warranty (Zodium Black) Decide Now


I got the E72 after using the E51 and then the E71 for almost 2 years. I had read the negative reviews about the E72 but considered myself to be comfortable enough with the OS to be able to make the device work for me.

For me, what set the E71 apart from the rest of the pack (the iPhone, Blackberry, etc) was the flexibility in managing the messaging. Setting up email and ActiveSync was a breeze on the E71 and it worked flawlessly every time. The keyboard was as good as I wanted it to be and with the right apps downloaded on the phone, my experience was fantastic. It has been, by far and away, the best phone I have ever used. Nokia totally and utterly messed up the messaging aspect with their Nokia Messaging utility in the phone. After trying to set up things for several hours, I gave up. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why you would have a folder called "Email" and a different folder called "Messaging". When I go to the Inbox in Messaging, it tells me that I have no mailbox configured after I just spent an hour dancing around the bugs in Nokia Messaging to set up my work email and Gmail. The email shortcut key defaults to the "Messaging" Inbox - I know I can set it up to do whatever I want, but why?

I give it 2 stars simply because of the front facing camera functionality - it works like a charm with fring. But I was truly disappointed with this phone and I had such high expectations. I returned it after keeping it for exactly 24 hours.Get more detail about Nokia E72 Unlocked Phone with GPS and Free Voice Navigation -- U.S. Version with Full Warranty (Zodium Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment