Halloween candy

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Jackal (Combo Blu-ray and Standard DVD) [Blu-ray] Review


The Jackal is one of my favorite movies of all time. This review is not of the movie, but some technical aspects. As far as the picture, the 1080p is a stunning improvement over dvd. Content is one double sided flipper disc: one side the BD, the other the dvd. You can't play both at the same time, but fortunately I have my old single dvd copy which I'm keeping. You may be wondering why? Because Universals put the director audio commentary, as well as extras (the making of), on the dvd, not the BD side! Very frustrating. Fortunately I have 2 BD players to run both if I ever need the 2nd audio channel while watching the BD. However, the BD side does include 2 features which aren't a big deal: BD-live ticker (pop up facts), which you'll need online connection to. And scene access, by using the 4 colored buttons on your remote.Get more detail about The Jackal (Combo Blu-ray and Standard DVD) [Blu-ray].

No comments:

Post a Comment