Halloween candy

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Coral Reef Adventure (IMAX) [Blu-ray]


I agree with the other reviewers who were disappointed with this DVD. The video is only about 40 minutes long, and way too much time was spent watching divers on the boat getting ready to dive, viewing Fiji greeting customs, and hearing that global warming is a really bad thing. I fully agree with that, but I don't need to be "educated" all the time - I get it, now let me watch coral reefs, and fish, in amazing hi-def. I'll write a check for the rest! I don't dive, and I never will. Videos like this can be my substitute for the real thing. The actual coral reef photography was really pretty amazing in Blu-Ray, there just wasn't that much of it and that is what I was looking for, not a South Pacific travelogue and environmental education. There are quite a few of these I-Max videos available in Blu-Ray and I'm sure the photography is amazing. Based on experience with this video I'll try these out on Netflix, see if they really devote the video to the the subject advertised in the title, and then decide if I want to really buy for myself. I guess I give it a 5 for the (way too short) actual reef video, and a 1 for the rest of the dreck.Get more detail about Coral Reef Adventure (IMAX) [Blu-ray].

No comments:

Post a Comment