Halloween candy

Monday, June 14, 2010

Victory at Sea Deluxe Edition [Blu-ray] Best Quality


Victory at Sea is hailed as one of the finest documentaries ever made especially one of the great WWII documentaries that everyone else tries to top. The series detail is written here as far as the details though however limited. 26 episodes 1/2 hour in length airing during the 52 - 53 television season on NBC. The film is entirely in black and white.

The series is presented on 4 blu-ray discs which with the capacity of blu-ray I thought they would be able to put this on two discs. I've searched the web and I am unable to find any detailed information as to what we're getting in this package, hey it's not even listed on the company's web site. The company Periscope Films does state however that they give the finest treatment they can when releasing DVDs. So, I'm hoping for a most excellent black and white transfer (on the level of the movie Young Frankenstein) along with a 5.1 or 7.1 audio track for each episode. I also hope that the individual episodes will be complete even though on the original DVD release I could not tell if there was anything missing. I would not miss the introduction by Peter Graves aboard the USS Aircraft Carried Intrepid (Mission Impossible fame - no relation to Leonard Graves series narrator); however, if they do include it please include as a option. I would if possible like an isolated score track in either 5.1 / 7.1 on every episode.

Hopefully this series will get here the lasting treatment it deserves; however, if not then I will be returning this to Amazon and keeping my original DVD release. However, if you've never owned this series then by all means add this release to your library, you won't be disappointed. If I do keep this set then I plan on giving the original release as a gift to my church library. In fact maybe we should recycle the DVD release and give it to our neighborhood schools are community library. I'm sure in this economy they would be most appreciative and then everyone can enjoy this fantastic series.
Get more detail about Victory at Sea Deluxe Edition [Blu-ray].

No comments:

Post a Comment