Halloween candy

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stagecoach (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] Order Now


I am and have been a fan of John Wayne for many years but more so in the past couple of years. I have purchased EVERY movie that John was in, good, bad or worse, including the years of his 30's. I recently obtained his first ever movie, "The Big Trail". WOW! Out of my library, I have donated to our local library the movies that I watched, did not care for and would not mind if my collection was missing them.

This movie however, WILL NEVER become separated from my collection. When I saw this one for the first time, I fell in love all over again. Clair, John, Andy and all the others were fantastic. Every time I see John's first appearance on screen, he twirls that rifle to cock it, I fall in love all over again and again with great acting. There are simply too many great scenes to name them all.

I will not rehash the plot, as one prior review detailed it perfectly. I have the collectors addition of StageCoach. I am looking forward to this particular release and will buy it when it comes out. IF I like this one better than the one I currently have, I will donate it also to the library. The librarian informed me that our town here in the heart of Montana if full of John Wayne fans and that since my donations of all my John Wayne dvd's, their "check outs" for the libraries dvd section has tripled in the first 6 months of the fiscal year. SO, moral of the story, John Wayne still lives on in our hearts. If I could depart here with one thought for those who like to pick apart movies, it would be this.

Movies of old are the foundations for the today movies. I however, prefer the "real" movies where we had "real" actors. Those who did their own stunts, where they did not have all these special effects from digital computers. Where the actors themselves had to ACT!! What we have today is a sham of the past. Even my grandson of 5yrs prefers a John Wayne movie to anything of today. The actors of yesteryear were made of "True Grit". Instead of picking apart our heritage of classics with negative reviews of the shoulda coulda thoughts, lets just simply enjoy what the screen and reels have to offer us. GREAT entertainment that all members of the family can enjoy. WHat a legacy we have been endowed with. So, sit back, get the popcorn and drinks ready for a GREAT and FANTASTIC acting and story line. The ending, is what it should be....the ride into the sunset for the "and they lived happily ever after".....Get more detail about Stagecoach (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray].

No comments:

Post a Comment