Halloween candy

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Low Price Legion [Blu-ray]


I went into this movie knowing that it was going to be cheesy and over the top...I mean, the preview alone clues you in that this movie doesn't completely take itself seriously. Gun-wielding angels? Spider-like ice cream truck driver? Come on. That being said, I left the theater both pleased and a bit surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie.

The fact is, if you hold this movie up to classic films, obviously it's going to fall short. If you hold it up to other campy films of it's kind, it's going to fit perfectly. The acting is sub-par, the plot is obviously pretty ridiculous, and the ending is predictable (for the most part.) Okay, well name me another campy film that doesn't have those qualities?

I, myself, am personally not interested in going to the theaters to see movies that are so called "works of art." If I wanted to see a work of art, I'd go to the museum. I go to the movies to see big explosions, elaborate fight scenes, and crazy and unbelievable storylines. So, if you're like me, ignore all the negative feedback on this movie and check this one out, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

To all you hoity toity reviewers out there that think if you use big words and "sophisticated" jokes you'll be the next Roger Ebert...don't quit your day job. And if you think you could make a better film...why don't you? Go write up a screenplay and pitch it...let the world see what wonderous things your imagination can muster up. I guess it all comes back to that old saying though, "Those who can't do...criticize."Get more detail about Legion [Blu-ray].

No comments:

Post a Comment