Halloween candy

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Nokia E72 Unlocked Phone with GPS and Free Voice Navigation -- U.S. Version with Full Warranty (Zodium Black) Get it now!


I upgraded from a Nokia E71 (which was an unbelievable upgrade from my previous experiences with Blackberry) and for some reason I was expecting that same leap from the E71 to E72. However, I soon realized, after using my E72 for the past couple days, that the E71 did truly spoil me. The E72 is still no doubt an amazing phone -- along with the E71 and other top Nokias it's still in its own little league above the Blackberries and other smartphones -- but I'll admit I was slightly let down.
If you are looking to buy a Nokia (or any phone) I'd definitely recommend the E72. If you are a huge Nokia fan then fine, upgrade. If you're happy with your E71....then I'd really think about it (or at least get your hands on one in person). The E72 is much faster, camera's awesome, and it's still a beautiful phone. BUT you should know a couple things:

-The construction is not quite as good as the E71. It's a little lighter, with some metal replaced for a sort of heavy hardened plastic. I've heard of the battery panel being loose but I haven't run into the problem. Mine was made in China, while my E71 was made in Finland, although it seems there can always be problems no matter where it's made.
-The optical pad is nice, it takes some getting used to, and it can misinterpret your choice to click any of the sides for a movement occasionally. But overall I'm getting used to it (and if you really don't like it you can always switch it off).
-I do notice the slightest high pitched buzz when the volume is turned up and the sound coming from the other end of the call is on the loud side. The E71 never had this problem. I take it the speakers were either downgraded or because of the extra plastic there's some sort of vibration.

***Overall I'd say if you're looking at the E72 compared to any top smartphone, this is an excelent choice***
IF you're looking at the E72 and E71 side by side, it is THEN that you start to notice the little details that I mentioned above. True, there are a few more plastic pieces than the E71, but when I think about the Blackberries and iPhones, you're never going to get the same quality you got with the E71, and the E72 is just a notch below that.
E72 is a 4.5 star phone. E71 will always be the best phone I've ever owned.Get more detail about Nokia E72 Unlocked Phone with GPS and Free Voice Navigation -- U.S. Version with Full Warranty (Zodium Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment